Saturday, February 28, 2009
You can throw the full weight of your anxieties on Him. For you are His personal concern.
AMEN! My heart leaps at this. This verse is so comforting to me. I have been struggling with anxiety lately - and I have to moment by moment throw all of my concerns on the Lord knowing that I am His personal concern! I love that - His (the God of the universe!) personal concern - it boggles my mind and brings me amazing peace all at the same time! He wants to know what is on my heart! He cares about what makes me anxious. He wants to carry those anxieties for me! Did you catch that visual? Throw the full weight of your anxieties on Him! He's big enough to handle them all - even if you throw them!
Moonbeam and all the waiting children are His personal concern!
And you know what? You too, are His personal concern!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Let’s Get it Right for the Wrights!
Dear Friends of the Wrights,
We all know and understand the effectiveness of the work John, Julie and family have done in Kyrgyzstan – the country they love so much and have been called to. Let’s get them there ON THE GROUND full time! We can do this.
This post is coming out with other blog posts all over the country – people who have blogs that know the Wrights. Let’s shock them with the provision of financial resources and letters/notes of encouragement to help them return to Kyrgyzstan. They want to go as full time missionaries – they just need our help to get them there.
We propose that we raise a minimum of the following:
$20,000 to cover a year’s needs on the home front
· Home expenses – the place to come back to
$30,000 to cover a year’s needs on the foreign front
· Travel in and out of the country with family 2 x a year
· Travel in the country to the different sites
· Family expenses – including the educational needs of one daughter
· Lodging and meals
This is just $50,000. We can do this and we can do it quickly. Here is how. Go to JOHN’S Blog and hit the button that is for the Wrights….support.
AND guess what – you can watch all that is done there on his blog..you will learn to live vicariously in a healthy way by reading and supporting the RIGHT cause. What an opportunity – Will you help?
Let’s do it RIGHT FOR THE WRIGHTS!
Blessings, Lynn and Ruby from LAMb International
Sunday, February 22, 2009
This week I've been spending some time in Paul's 2nd letter to the church at Corinth (my fancy way of saying 2 Corinthians) I'm trying to hold on to the hope contained in these verses...
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. and later in Chapter 4, Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
There is no way I would ever consider abandoning my Moonbeam - I will wait as long as I have to. And if I can make that commitment how much more is God's commitment to me and to my little Moonbeam and all of the waiting children and families. WOW - that's somehting to wrap your brain around. We are not forgotten and definitely not abandoned.
And so I remember that I am not crushed, abandoned, or destroyed. I will try not to complain about my light and momentary troubes, though they seem heavy and lengthy! And I will put my faith firmly in the One who's heart is for the orphan! James 1:27
I'm waiting for you Moonbeam! I will not give up and I will focus on the One who is unseen and eternal! Knowing that He watches over you every minute of everyday!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Here are the rules…If you want to play, leave a comment on this post letting me know, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on!
Here are my favorites....
1. My Moonbeam - I love, love, love her! I love her sweet little smile and adorable giggle! I cannot wait to have her home for good! Until then I am praying for her constantly!
2. My mom - She was an amazing lady! A wonderful mother and friend! She had a love for life! She loved Jesus. She loved her family and friends. She was selfless, always thinking of the good of everyone around her before herself. She was kind and compassionate - willing to work tirelessly for things she believed in like at-risk youth and counseling young women who had become pregnant. I miss you mom!
3. Mickey and Minnie - OK - I have to admit it - I love all things Disney including the Mouse and his Bride! I have since I was a little girl growing up in Southern California. My dad actually worked for Disney for 30 years so I had tons of opportunities to visit Disneyland, watch Disney movies and visit the studios in Burbank!
4. Macaroni and cheese - another guilty pleasure that I try not to indulge in. What's not to love?
OK this is harder than I thought it would be....what are some other m's... money nah! mustard, nah! I've got it!
5. Munchkins! As a child and family therapist, I absolutely adore kiddos! All ages, shapes, sizes and colors! I learn so much from them and love watching them learn through their play!
Let's see, what else? Monkeys, no, not really! Makeup - definitely not! March - NOPE! (Denver's snowiest month!)
6. May! I love the month of May when it's getting progressively warmer and the day progressively longer. The bulbs are in bloom! The grass is greening up. I may even get the opportunity to see my toes, freshly pedicured, in some sandals again!
7. Mail - I love getting mail - especially the snail mail kind - as long as it isn't bills. I also look forward to that wonderful little sound notifying me of a new email in my inbox.
8. Music - how did this make it all the way to #8? I adore music! I love to sing. I'm learning to play guitar. I almost always have music going. Gospel, country, classical, 80's you name it! As long as it isn't Rap.
Marbles? nah! Marshmallows? Well, yes, but not enough to make it into the top ten. Meatloaf? Nah!
9. Mexican food! Definitely a favorite of mine!
10. Movies! Especially a good chick flick!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
You post the 4th picture from your 4th folder of pictures - no cheating!
The blond in the back is me! ACK! I cannot believe I ever wore a bikini! I so do not remember this! The zany brunette in the front is my ham of a sister Kristi! Don't you just love the potted plant in the "macrame" hanger! The gentleman standing up is my Grandpa - he was a gem! He is bringing out the delectable desert. How can you not love a man that makes ice cream from scratch! Not with the fancy electric type ice cream makers, but with the hand crank one! Now that's true love!
I expect my little Moonbeam will appreciate this picture someday - should be good for at least a few hundred more laughs!
So, even though I wasn't officially tagged I think I will tag others!
Lisa B., Ann B., Beulah and Laura - TAG YOU'RE IT!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Throughout this adoption adventure, by God's grace, I have maintained an attitude of hopefulness - being convinced that it isn't IF but WHEN I bring home my precious little girl.
I have to admit that King Solomon's words about heart sickness have really been resonating with me this past week. I am finding it more and more difficult to focus on the when and have begun to believe that if is a very real possibility.
I am not in anyway saying that I am done fighting, or waiting, or praying. I am not saying that God has forgotten me or Hannah.
Simply this, that my heart is sick.
Friday, February 6, 2009
But, to my great dismay, it is warmer in Denver this week! Denver has been in the 60's and 70's and here in SoCal it hasn't gotten much above 50 and it's rainy!
And what, you ask, will the weather be like in Denver when I return on Sunday? A rain/snow mix with a balmy, high of 44 degrees.
Alas, tropical weather is not in my near future. (insert heavy sigh here)