Monday, February 9, 2009

Hope Deferred...

In the book of Proverbs, the wise King Solomon wrote "hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."

Throughout this adoption adventure, by God's grace, I have maintained an attitude of hopefulness - being convinced that it isn't IF but WHEN I bring home my precious little girl.

I have to admit that King Solomon's words about heart sickness have really been resonating with me this past week. I am finding it more and more difficult to focus on the when and have begun to believe that if is a very real possibility.

I am not in anyway saying that I am done fighting, or waiting, or praying. I am not saying that God has forgotten me or Hannah.

Simply this, that my heart is sick.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

This wait and undertainty has become simply exhausting - mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I know you will keep fighting and we will keep praying for you and your precious girl!

Maria said...

Oh dear one. Know that Hannah prayed with a fervent longing for her child. One of the verses that got me through the wait was the rejoicing statement of Hannah upon the birth of Samuel: For THIS child I have prayed and GOD has GIVEN ME what I asked of Him. Don't lose hope. I can't imagine how hard this wait is and the uncertainty of it all, but know that many continue to pray, just like Hannah did, for these children. Imagine the rejoicing when God GIVES YOU what you asked of Him!