Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I love fireworks, but generally hate the crowds associated with a fireworks display. I'm just not all that interested in joining the masses to wait around for a few hours to enjoy 15-30 minutes of beauty! Tonight we had friends over for a BBQ. When they all left to find fireworks to watch, I tuned in to PBS to watch A Capitol Fourth. :-) Am I getting old or what?
I was reminiscing today about 4th of July's gone by and remembered one of my favorite years - 1989 - I was in Greece - on the beach in Ios - a smaller Greek Isle. I had the wonderful opportunity to travel throughout Greece and Cyprus for 5 weeks that summer with a bunch of college friends. Ahhhhh :-)
Hope everyone has a wonderful time celebrating the freedom we enjoy as citizens of this grand country. In spite of her many faults, I still count myself incredibly privileged to live here in the good ole' US of A!
Fireworks image found here.

No comments: