Thursday, October 25, 2007

When's Hannah comin' home, Auntie?

Precious words from my dear niece Syd who will turn 8 next week! She walked into my room tonight and asked this question – out of the blue – proving once again that she thinks about my pending adoption on a regular basis!
"Actually", she'll tell you "it was my idea!" And this is partially true. One morning about six months ago she walked into this same room and asked me very matter of factly "why don't you have kids auntie?" to which my only reply was a stuttered "well, I guess because I'm not married" to which she answered just as bluntly "well why don't you adopt then?" It's all so simple, isn't it? And her innocent, but very serious question started me on the most amazing adventure of my life – the journey towards adoption!
I can't wait for you to come home Hannah!

No comments: