Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Letter for Moonbeam

A few weeks ago a friend asked me if I have been writing to Hannah. "Well, no" I said - "I'm not sure who would read the letters to her since her caregivers all speak Russian" Well Linda set out to find someone who does speak Russian and asked on my behalf if she would translate a letter to my sweet little Moonbeam. She agreed! So today I was able to put a letter in the mail to my little sweetie with some pictures of the two of us from trip one! Yippee!! Thank you Linda and Olga! What a blessing!

What does one write to a two year old? Well, it took me a few drafts, but I finally settled on this...

Dearest A. -
I miss you very much and I wish you were already home! I often look at pictures from my visit with you in August. I smile as I remember how much I loved getting to know you! I want to tell you that I think about you every day and I cannot wait to come back to Bishkek and bring you home! I am sending you some of the pictures from our visit. I hope you will remember me and how much fun we had together!
I pray for you, everyday – I am praying that you are healthy and know that you are very much loved by so many there in your home and also by me and most importantly by Jesus!
Your auntie and your cousin Sydney and your Papa cannot wait to meet you. Sydney says to tell you hello and that she can’t wait to play with you!
You are very loved A.! I can’t wait to see you again!
I love you!
Mama

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that is awesome hope she gets her letter soon and she cherishes her letter from Mom.

Beulah Sorensen said...

That is absolutely adorable...what an amazing blessing for both of you!

Jes said...

Wow Kimberly! Very sweet and I'm of course blubbering like a baby! I guess I never thought to write a letter to Arsin...although he's much younger than your Moonbeam.

I cannot wait for this dreaded wait to be over!

Hugs - jes