Sunday, April 26, 2009

Life in the midst of waiting...

I stumbled across this quote from Barbara Brown Taylor while reading on Joyce Rupp's site and it really resonates with me!
I want a God who will cut my losses and cushion my failures, a God who will grant me a life free from pain. I want a God who will rescue me from death, who will delete it from the human experience and find another way to operate. What I, what all of us, have instead is a God who resurrects us from the dead, putting an end to it by working through it instead of around it – creating life in the midst of grief, creating love in the midst of despair – resurrecting us from our big and little deaths, showing us by Jesus’ example that the only road to Easter morning runs smack through Good Friday.
Lord, open my heart, my eyes, my mind to all the ways that You are bringing life even in the midst of what often feels like death.

2 comments:

Lisa Brotherton said...

Wow, Kimberly, that is powerful!

Beulah Sorensen said...

Talk about something that will shift my perspective!